TITLE: ACPE CERTIFIED EDUCATOR
- Direct a CPE program that offers both a residency and an extended unit
- Oversee the clinical work of students with assistance from Senior Staff Chaplains
- Participate in recruiting, screening, interviewing and selection of prospective CPE students
- Serve as a resource to area clergy for referrals, education and consultation
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Determine the feasibility of Mountain States Health Alliance (MSHA) recruiting a Cert. Educator Candidate
- In year 2, consider the possibility and resources needed to of add a second residency site
- M. Div. or equivalent required; D. Min. preferred
- ACPE Certified Educator credential required
- Three years related CPE supervisory experience required
- Ordination and endorsement by a recognized faith body
Mountain States Health Alliance (MSHA), Johnson City, TN is a not-for-profit health care organization operating a family of 14 hospitals in a 29-county region. Johnson City Medical Center, Mountain States flagship facility, is a 445-bed,Level I Trauma Center and a teaching hospital for numerous institutions, including the adjacent East Tennessee State University James H. Quillen College of Medicine.
Johnson City, TN (est. pop. 66,027) is just west of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The area surrounding Johnson City is made up of steep mountains, rolling hills and valleys. Johnson City is home to the 16,000 students of East Tennessee State University and its
K-12 University School. Emmanuel Christian Seminary at Milligan College is located just outside the city limits.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: A COMPETITIVE Wage and Benefit package is offered!