TITLE: CPE EDUCATOR
- Manage the Health System’s CPE Program
- Design and coordinate orientation, educational curriculum, didactics and clinical work for Level I and II CPE residents
- Ensure the CPE Program’s optimal functioning and continuous compliance with ACPE standards
- Contribute to supporting the spiritual and emotional needs of patients, families and staff
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Supervision of the residency group in waiting
- Evaluate, modify as needed and implement the CPE Program’s strategic plan
- Evaluate the potential for driving program innovations
- Masters of Divinity or a related discipline
- Certification as an ACPE Educator or Associate Educator
- Three years related CPE supervisory and/or healthcare ministry experience
Ochsner Health System (OHS), New Orleans, LA is a not-for-profit employer of 17,000, and works with 2,700 affiliated physicians. Ochsner Medical Center an 813-bed general medical surgical hospital is the flagship facility for OHS. Ochsner Medical Center has again been ranked among the best hospitals in the country, according to U.S. News and World Report’s 2017-2018 Best Hospitals rankings.
New Orleans is well known for its distinct French and Spanish Creole architecture, as well as its cross-cultural and multilingual heritage. New Orleans is also famous for its cuisine, music (particularly as the birthplace of jazz) and its annual celebrations and festivals. The city is often referred to as the “most unique” in the United States.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: A COMPETITIVE Wage and Benefit package (including relocation assistance) is offered!